4 days spread over 3 months, some self directed study plus the completion of coursework and participation in 3 Forest School sessions.
Award in Assisting Forest School (Level 2 QCF)
This is a four day course for people wanting to qualify as a Forest School Assistant, who would be supporting a Forest School Leader. The course requires coursework to be completed in your own time and participation in 3 Forest School sessions.
Suitable for anyone with a Level 1 Award in Outdoor Learning and/or interest in and experience of working with people in the natural environment, and who has an Agored Cymru Level 3 Leader to assist.
Units studied: Supporting Learning, Play and Development in the Outdoors; Sustainable Use of Resources; Outdoor Practical Skills; Assisting at Forest School.
Skills and understanding gained:
- Understanding of theories of learning, play and development, and how they can be impacted by behaviour and supported by outdoor learning.
- Ability to carry out a range of practical tasks, for example using hand tools, tying knots, building shelters, and lighting campfires.
- Understanding of the ecology of a natural learning environment and the sustainable use of natural resources.
PLEASE NOTE : individuals must have link to a Forest School Leader in order to fulfill training requirements of assisting in 3 sessions.
3 & 24 April 2017
Are you interested in volunteering at Forest School SNPT?
- Award in Outdoor Learning (Level 1 QCF)
- Award in Assisting Forest School (Level 2 QCF)
- Award in Outdoor Learning Practice (Level 2 QCF)
- Certificate in Leading Forest School (Level 3 QCF)
- Outdoor Paediatric First Aid
- Literacy and numeracy in the outdoors
- Developing School Grounds
- Beach Discovery
- Working Outdoors with Children with Additional Learning Needs
- Inset Day – School Staff local or off-site
- Introduction to Forest School Days
- Corporate Staff Training & Team Building Days