Outdoor Learning Practice – Level 2 Award
For teachers, play workers, youth workers or educators who want to use the outdoors in your own setting as a more productive learning environment, and build your confidence and repertoire of skills and techniques. It will be three packed days of training spread over three months to give you time to try things out in between. You will go away with a treasure trove of ideas and techniques to apply in your setting.
You don’t need a special woodland site – this course is designed for people who want to make the most of what they have, be it an area of woodland, grassland or a small school yard. We will give suggestions of how to resource the most basic of environments.
Units studied: Sustainable Use of Resources, Outdoor Learning Practitioner
Skills and understanding gained:
- Ability to plan, prepare and deliver outdoor learning
- Understanding of the benefits and safety issues related to using the outdoors for learning
- Understanding of the ecology of a natural learning environment and the sustainable use of natural resources.
29 September 2017
13 + 27 October 2017
This course has given me the confidence to deliver a wide range of outdoor learning experiences. Set in the inspiring surroundings of Penllegare Woods, the knowledgeable and approachable course tutors taught using a hands on approach and tailored the course to suit the varying demands of each student. The 3 day course was set over 3 months giving essential time to reflect on new ideas and try them out. I would highly recommend this course to anyone currently working or wanting to work in an outdoor learning environment. – Jess – Level 2 OLP learner
Are you interested in volunteering at Forest School SNPT?
- Outdoor Learning – Level 1 Award
- Assisting Forest School – Level 2 Award
- Outdoor Learning Practice – Level 2 Award
- Leading Forest School – Level 3 Certificate
- Outdoor Paediatric First Aid
- Literacy and numeracy in the outdoors
- Developing School Grounds
- Beach Discovery
- Working Outdoors with Children with Additional Learning Needs
- Inset Day – School Staff local or off-site
- Introduction to Forest School Days
- Corporate Staff Training & Team Building Days