Outdoor Paediatric First Aid – delivered by Red Dragon 1st Aid
This course delivered by Red Dragon 1st Aid is recommended for anyone working outdoors with children and young people, particularly those wishing to become a Level 3 qualified Forest School Leader. It is a 16 hour course and is usually delivered as two 8 hour days. The qualification gained upon completion of the course is an ITC Certificate in Outdoor First Aid.
The course focuses heavily on dealing with child and infant first aid and how things can be very different when your casualty is outdoors.
All our course trainers hold an enhanced DBS disclosure. This training can be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
- Dealing with incidents safely
- A systematic approach to incident management
- Collapse – causes and treatment
- External and internal bleeding
- Infant, Child and Adult Resuscitation procedures
- Incident management scenarios
- Remote improvised technique
- Illness recognition and management
- Record keeping and action plans
£125.00 per person
17 & 18 May 2018
Penllergare Valley Woods, Woodland Centre