Woodland Explorers are Forest School sessions designed for children who are aged 5 – 11.
What to expect at Woodland Explorers
- Support for all aspects of your child’s learning and their holistic development.
- A careful balance of structured activities alongside time and space for own exploration.
- A regular rhythm to each session, creating a space where the children can gain the confidence to make independent discoveries, explore and extend ideas and develop problem solving skills and creativity.
- Engagement and motivation for children across all age groups and abilities in learning
- Improvements in well-being, self-esteem, physical health benefits, improved communication and social skills.
- A lot of fun.
Reasons to come
Time is spent exploring the site using a multi-sensory approach and using games that develop an awareness of the woodland ecosystem.
Challenges and activities such as lighting and cooking on a fire or constructing a shelter are introduced which provide a multitude of authentic learning opportunities as well as being exciting and engaging.
We will build on children’s interests and ideas to create play and learning opportunities that are more child led and therefore address their individual learning needs and maximise engagement.
Each session is 2 hours long and sessions cost £10 each. We may offer one off taster sessions but generally we prefer booking in blocks, a half-term at a time (usually 6 weeks but this can vary). Once you have a place it is yours until you decide not to come any longer. Sibling discounts are available at 15% discount – choose the sibling ticket at checkout. Come prepared for your children to get muddy and make sure they wear enough layers to stay warm. All the relevant policies and procedures that cover the smooth and safe running of the project are available on request.
To book please go to here >>>
“Absolutely brilliant, lots to do, kept my 6 year old thoroughly entertained”
“A lovely afternoon of fun and fresh air, we loved all the games and crafts”
“It’s great to be out in the fresh air and see them getting stuck in and working hard enjoying the woods”
“He doesn’t fit in usually but he has had a wonderful time”
“Really good session, will come again, the instructors were very informative and made everything interesting and fun”
“Such friendly staff and wonderful activities for the children to take part in and use for the future”