4 days spread over 3 months, some self directed study plus the completion of coursework and participation in 3 Forest School sessions.
Assisting Forest School – Level 2 Award
This is a four day course for people wanting to qualify as a Forest School Assistant, who would be supporting a Forest School Leader. The course requires coursework to be completed in your own time and participation in 3 Forest School sessions.
Suitable for anyone with a Level 1 Award in Outdoor Learning and/or interest in and experience of working with people in the natural environment, and who has an Agored Cymru Level 3 Leader to assist.
Units studied: Supporting Learning, Play and Development in the Outdoors; Sustainable Use of Resources; Outdoor Practical Skills; Assisting at Forest School.
Skills and understanding gained:
- Understanding of theories of learning, play and development, and how they can be impacted by behaviour and supported by outdoor learning.
- Ability to carry out a range of practical tasks, for example using hand tools, tying knots, building shelters, and lighting campfires.
- Understanding of the ecology of a natural learning environment and the sustainable use of natural resources.
PLEASE NOTE : individuals must have link to a Forest School Leader in order to fulfill training requirements of assisting in 3 sessions.
Are you interested in volunteering at Forest School SNPT?
You can donate to Forest School SNPT and help us keep on helping others, over at Local GivingDONATE
Follow us on Facebook
- Assisting Coastal School – Level 2 Award
- Assisting Forest School – Level 2 Award
- Beach Discovery
- Co-ordinating an Outdoor Curriculum – Level 3 Certificate
- Coastal School Leader Unit (Level 3 QCF) Top-Up Route
- Developing School Grounds
- Emotional Literacy and Well-being in the Outdoors
- Forest School Events
- Forest School Home
- Forest School Parties
- Half-term sessions
- Inset Day – School Staff local or off-site
- Introduction to Forest School Days
- Leading Forest School & Coastal School – Level 3 Certificate
- Leading Forest School – Level 3 Certificate
- Literacy and numeracy in the outdoors
- My account
- Outdoor Learning – Level 1 Award
- Outdoor Learning Practice – Level 2 Award
- Outdoor Paediatric First Aid
- Outdoor Play Practice – Level 2 Award
- Seedlings Sessions
- Staff Training & Team Building Days
- Subject Access Request
- Units for Young People – Entry Level and Level 1
- Woodland Explorers
- Woodland Explorers Sessions
- Working Outdoors with Children with Additional Learning Needs