Leading Forest School & Coastal School – Level 3 Certificate
This course is for people who wish to become Forest School & Coastal School Leaders and/or set up their own Forest /Coastal School and is a nationally recognised qualification. We offer a unique residential experience for the second block of 3 days, with the opportunity to sleep out in a shelter you make.
Essential – A client group for practical placements
at least a level 2 qualification working with children/young people, Teaching or Youth/ Community/Play Worker qualification
a level 2 Forest / Coastal School Practitioner’s Award with extensive experience of working with children and young people
Units studied: Supporting Learning, Play and Development in the Outdoors, Observation and Evaluation of Outdoor Learning, Sustainable Use of Natural Resources, Teach Outdoor Practical Skills, Forest School, Coastal School Leader
Skills and understanding gained:
- Understanding of theories of learning, play and development, and issues that can impact on behaviour.
- Understanding of how holistic development, self-confidence and emotional literacy are supported by outdoor learning.
- Understanding of the ecology of a natural learning environment and the sustainable use of natural resources.
- Ability to assess and evaluate outdoor learning programmes.
- Ability to teach practical tasks such as the use of hand tools, tying knots, building shelters and campfire management.
- Ability to produce all the policies, procedures and strategies required for setting up a Forest /Coastal School.
- Understand the specific impact of weather and tides on the coastal environment.
It is recommended that all leaders have a Paediatric First Aid qualification which can be provided at £125 extra
16, 17 & 18 March
27, 28 & 29 April
Coastal days: 20 & 21 May
Tutorial date TBC
Are you interested in volunteering at Forest School SNPT?
You can donate to Forest School SNPT and help us keep on helping others, over at Local GivingDONATE
Follow us on Facebook
- Assisting Coastal School – Level 2 Award
- Assisting Forest School – Level 2 Award
- Beach Discovery
- Co-ordinating an Outdoor Curriculum – Level 3 Certificate
- Coastal School Leader Unit (Level 3 QCF) Top-Up Route
- Developing School Grounds
- Emotional Literacy and Well-being in the Outdoors
- Forest School Events
- Forest School Home
- Forest School Parties
- Half-term sessions
- Inset Day – School Staff local or off-site
- Introduction to Forest School Days
- Leading Forest School & Coastal School – Level 3 Certificate
- Leading Forest School – Level 3 Certificate
- Literacy and numeracy in the outdoors
- My account
- Outdoor Learning – Level 1 Award
- Outdoor Learning Practice – Level 2 Award
- Outdoor Paediatric First Aid
- Outdoor Play Practice – Level 2 Award
- Seedlings Sessions
- Staff Training & Team Building Days
- Subject Access Request
- Units for Young People – Entry Level and Level 1
- Woodland Explorers
- Woodland Explorers Sessions
- Working Outdoors with Children with Additional Learning Needs